802

What I Think of the Goods and Bads of the School

By 葛以晴 Andria - 2/21/2019

   Our school is annoying. When other schools are having fun and frolicking in the summer sunshine, we are stuck in school having summer school. It’s not even a optional class! All the students, as long as you’re over seventh grade, have to attend it. Even if it isn’t during break time, we take extra classes to 9 PM just to study after school. Some seniors, if hard working enough, even stay until 10:30, or resort to settling in the school dorms.
   With only six to eight hours of sleep every day, our attention span shortens over the time, and it loses the effect of “having class”. Perhaps, the school’s ideal is having eight hours of sleep, heading to school, studying at home, then going to sleep. In truth, students wish to have more free time, obviously. Our life outside of school is equally important.
   Still, as a private school, our school does pretty well on others. Our food is edible. Our toilets are clean. We have a working air conditioner that doesn’t shut off automatically when it’s mid-summer. And we don’t often run out of supplies and our classrooms get remodels even till this day. Compared to my experience at a public school, this is indeed a lot more high quality.
   That said, our school is extremely strict with the small details, such as cutting our hair, wearing our uniform, or the way that we act. I do agree with the uniform rules, although the hair is a bit over-the-top. Teachers might think that short hair is easier to organize, but have you seen how my hair looks in the morning? That’s something I wouldn’t need to bother with if I had long hair. But when I see other well-known schools wearing gym shorts along with dress shirts, it looks so bad that I feel relieved that our school has those rules.

   In the end, I think that the best thing about our school is the school anniversary. I’ve never liked December more. The busy feeling of playing every day, borrowing classes to practice cheerleading, how literally no one has the mood to actually have classes, and discussing about the school fair… although all schools have school fairs, I’ve always felt that our school exceeds other’s expectations when it comes to celebrating.

   The many strengths of our school naturally cancel out the many flaws.    If you asked me if I’d rather transfer somewhere else, I’d answer with a strong and definite no. 

----
I think I wrote this really nicely.


  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 意見

熟的不熟的都來流言吧٩(●˙▿˙●)۶