Why I Want to Be an Artist

By 葛以晴 Andria - 8/04/2018

((my first grammatically correct post and hopefully not my last))
I wanted to be a teacher when I was small. You know, you can boss kids around. Every child's dream. Then I wanted to be a doctor. I don't know, young me found the insides of a person interesting(I was really weird). Then there was a very very very very very long time, around when I began to feel confident with my piano skills and art skills, when I couldn't decide between being an artist and a musician.
But I faced reality and thought about the consequences of being a musician. There's not much you can do as a musician, besides having concerts and tutoring. I didn't think that I had the skills to perform on a big stage, and I didn't have the talent to teach people(you know how I teach my classmates English? "I don't know why, it's just like that haha").
So I crossed being a musician off my list. Afterwards, I began to follow more people on Twitter and Tumblr. So many artists appeared before my feed. Comic artists, landscape artists, freelance artists, storyboard artists... seeing all of their art made me happy instantly! Every work of art was my daily dose of happiness.
(ex: @heikala_art, @liliuhms, @everydaylouie on Twitter)
"But what do they do for a living?" I know people ask that. It's quite simple, actually. Some draw comics. Some draw webtoons. Some are cartoon animators, and some design their own merchandise. Some are even hired after being acknowledged as professionals.
I began to admire these figures. I strive to be like them one day. I wish to bring happiness to people who cast their eyes on my work. And now that I've been practicing to draw digitally, I'm one step closer to achieving my dream.
That, is why I want to be an artist.


  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 意見

熟的不熟的都來流言吧٩(●˙▿˙●)۶